2845 Bloomington Avenue S
Minneapolis, MN 55407
Greenway Heights is located on the Midtown Greenway at Bloomington Avenue in the bustling East Phillips neighborhood of Minneapolis, MN.
Known for its vibrant immigrant communities and local activism, East Phillips is an urban hub buzzing with creativity, ingenuity, and daily vigor.
Greenway Heights is ideally located to provide residents with numerous transportation options:
- The residence has a Walk Score of 88 out of 100 and is considered “Very Walkable,” meaning most errands can be accomplished on foot.
- Two METRO Transit bus lines stop directly in front of the building (on the corner of Bloomington Avenue & 28th Street), and several other lines are available only one block away on Lake Street.
- The METRO Blue Line (light rail) stop at the Lake St Midtown Station is only a 15-minute walk away.
- Excellent bike lanes are available on the Midtown Greenway, which connects users to a city-wide system of bike trails. Bike sharing is available from Nice Ride Minnesota within blocks of the residence.
- Hour Car, a car sharing service, is one block away on Lake Street.
Nearby parks include Stewart Park, Cedar Avenue Field and Powderhorn Park, plus the newly opened East Phillips Park Cultural and Community Center, featuring a gymnasium, kitchen, teen space, computer lab and meeting rooms. Children will relish the magical Heart of the Beast Puppet and Mask Theater, just down the street, where plays and sorts of fun events occur.
Groceries, restaurants, banks, and numerous shopping options are all located only blocks away on the central commercial corridor of Lake Street. The Mercado Central, a thriving marketplace of 45+ businesses, ranging from Latino grocers to clothing shops to restaurants and more, is only 1.5 blocks away. Further down Lake Street is another thriving marketplace, the Midtown Global Market, where residents will find an even greater selection of shopping and dining options.
Abbot Northwestern Hospital, the largest not-for-profit hospital in the Twin Cities, and Children’s Hospital, one of the largest children’s health care organizations in the U.S.A, are both only blocks away from Greenway Heights.
Nearby schools include Andersen Open Elementary School, South High School and South Senior High School.